Community > Forum > General Support > Moderation delay?

Moderation delay?

Posted by: BlackArrow - Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:19 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Moderation delay? 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Moderation delay?   Posted on: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:19 pm
Hi - just wondered whether it was normal to have to wait days to have a post moderated as suitable for adding to the board? Only it kinda sucks when you'd like to join in with a thread but you're left hanging like this due to the fact that after signing up your first 2 posts are subject to an approval process :roll: I understand why it has to be done, just that perhaps it could get done a bit quicker?

Of a sleeping white dragon"

RUSH - Countdown

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: Moderation delay?   Posted on: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:36 pm
We try to be as quick as possible as our time allows. There're many false requests to go trough each time.

Only the first posts are moderated. After we're quite certain it's not a bot or spammer (there're many human spammers lately as well which makes it more difficult) then they are free to post directly on the forum.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Moderation delay?   Posted on: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:33 pm
When a post awaits moderation, it doesn't show up in the thread (obviously) but it does mark the forum as having a new post in it (see currently the post by V.E.E.G. in the Aeronautic Enterprises/Team Prometheus forum). That's kind of annoying, because you keep clicking through to something that doesn't exist. Would it be possible to fix that?

Also, I'd be happy to volunteer a bit of time (not that I have much, but I manage to check the forum most days and as my old tennis coach used to say, you can always spare five minutes) weeding out spammers and approving real posts, if that helps with the moderation delay.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Moderation delay?   Posted on: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 pm
Waitamminnit, that post is actually there, but the AE/TP forum has such a huge amount of announcements and pinned threads that you have to scroll down a million miles to actually see the active threads. Some of those pinned threads and announcements are years old. Perhaps it could be cleaned up a little?

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Moderation delay?   Posted on: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:32 am
Ahh yeah perhaps I should do that. Thanks!

Monroe

Edit] wow I've never done that! lol I'll work on it tomorrow a bit tired for it today. Thanks for pointing that out. Now I have to figure out how to unpin things. I'll see if I cant clean it up a bit too.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: Moderation delay?   Posted on: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 am
Lol, ok, when all threads are announcements or pinned then nothing is important anymore :)

We try to keep the moderation list empty, but we have many spammers attempting to get on the forum. Many people in sri lanka etc seem to earn a living by spamming forums, so no anti bot tricks seem to work, only going over them one by one.

Profile WWW