Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Some of my ideas

Some of my ideas

Posted by: Psiberzerker - Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 pm
 [ 34 posts ] 
Some of my ideas 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Some of my ideas   Posted on: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 pm
Our technology does not limit us.... our greed does. If half as much money was spent on enlightening the masses as was spent figuring out new ways to turn them into a fine paste.....

We currently still fight over lines on a map..... but if we all worked together on EDUCATION, inovation and mutual respect......

This is where star trek got it right...

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Some of my ideas   Posted on: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 pm
"The only way to unite humanity is against a common enemy." I think one of the first steps would be to make better people. I hear it all the time, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Unfortunately, that's not the human race I know.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Some of my ideas   Posted on: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 pm
Psiberzerker wrote:
"The only way to unite humanity is against a common enemy." I think one of the first steps would be to make better people. I hear it all the time, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Unfortunately, that's not the human race I know.

We have a common enemy. It's the whole universe. Well in the sense that it is doing it's best to wipe us out. We are lucky down in this gravity well with a biosphere wrapped around us, but without it we are dead meat.

Now how do we convince people that they need to get off the planet if they want to have 1 billionth generation human descendants to be around to enjoy the wonders of this universe?

Our thinking is so focused on the here and now, barely anybody sees the big picture.

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Some of my ideas   Posted on: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm
That kind of adversarial thinking is part of the problem. The universe isn't trying to kill us, it has no motive, nor intent whatsoever. The reality is that we're just really badly designed for space travel. All it would take for us to evacuate the Earth is for it to become no longer liveable. Sure, that could be Earthquakes, or an asteroid strike, but my money's on us polluting it to the point that it becomes our environment. Unfortunately, there's nowhere for us to go. It may be possible for us to terraform Mars, or Venus, but if we develop that level of technology, then why not use it here, instead of letting the side effects of our disposable convenience culture pollute us out of house, and home? I hate to break it to you, but we are the enemy.