[ 8 posts ] 
Here is a Image of my power scheme 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:13 pm

here is a system I have been sizing / calculating etc

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 am
Not very descriptive of what is going on.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 am
Ok so, photo-bio reactor turns waste water and sunshine into algae, algae is dried by a filter tube / and filter screw that the water falls out of, while heated with solar (unknown sizing still), the solar drier will use a sterling engine as well, and also will require another focusing lens/ passive sun tracker to power the screw etc.

then the dry algae is collected in a hopper, and fed via another screw that is insulating, up another tube, through a zone that is heated to extreme temps by the large magnifying glass, this produces hydrogen and Carbon monoxide, through thermolysis/Gasification, this is then fed into a generator, I prefer a wave disk engine as they are more efficient then a internal combustion, without the high failure mode of a turbine(catastrophic

the exhausted water and Co2 are fed back into the bio reactor, along with waste water, starting the whole thing over again,

the idea here is all energy released is solar, and all proccessing power is solar, so there is no carbon sink, or exotic materials required, and no nasty chemicals, what goes in.... comes out.... and goes in...

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 am
Yeah I remember your description. I meant that model/drawing isn't very descriptive about what is going on. It shouldn't look like something from Farmville. :wink:

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 am
This was just to get a rough on paper, I still don't have heat loads and dimensions for anything, or even materials lists,

This is one of those "I will build it eventually type projects"
if you can build/design it first
have at it!

I just want good things to happen,
eventually if all or good dreams come true,
this world will not be such a nightmare....

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 am
In Israel, everyone has solar water heaters. You could probably use one as part of the machine.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:40 am
JamesG wrote:
Yeah I remember your description. I meant that model/drawing isn't very descriptive about what is going on. It shouldn't look like something from Farmville. :wink:

:wink: :wink: :lol:

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Here is a Image of my power scheme   Posted on: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:43 pm
I am a game designer, not a engineer :D