Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Anyone have a plasma cutter and a vacume chamber?

Anyone have a plasma cutter and a vacume chamber?

Posted by: Sigma - Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Anyone have a plasma cutter and a vacume chamber? 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Anyone have a plasma cutter and a vacume chamber?   Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 pm
I am in the design phase of a project that is beyond my ability to test or build.

I intend to have help to build a micro scale test ship that is essentially a plasma bullet. The project I have named project Mariah is a two or three stage launch starting initially with a long open maglev launch sled that gets the craft to a speed at which scram jets can propel the craft to speeds where plasma will form on a heat shield.

When this stage is reached the ship will repel the plasma from the shield and bottle neck it into 4 magnetic nozzles and accelerate the ship, both insulating and propelling the craft.

The part that needs testing is the last stage of course and any help anyone could provide and I would be very greatfull. I have contacted people in various lines of research along these lines and hope to have a drop box account set up soon.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Anyone have a plasma cutter and a vacume chamber?   Posted on: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:49 pm
Sigma wrote:
I am in the design phase of a project that is beyond my ability to test or build.

I intend to have help to build a micro scale test ship that is essentially a plasma bullet. The project I have named project Mariah is a two or three stage launch starting initially with a long open maglev launch sled that gets the craft to a speed at which scram jets can propel the craft to speeds where plasma will form on a heat shield.

When this stage is reached the ship will repel the plasma from the shield and bottle neck it into 4 magnetic nozzles and accelerate the ship, both insulating and propelling the craft.

The part that needs testing is the last stage of course and any help anyone could provide and I would be very greatfull. I have contacted people in various lines of research along these lines and hope to have a drop box account set up soon.

Sorry, man, I can't even get the funding for a micro-sattelite rocket balloon that's based on physics. Good luck finding someone to build you a maglev launch cannon (when Nasa can't get the funding for one) to test out your ever changing buzzword laden conglomeration of random ideas.

Oddly enough, one of my designs does use a Plasma Torch as a central part of it. Mine's a electric ramjet for an air breathing boost stage, though.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Anyone have a plasma cutter and a vacume chamber?   Posted on: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 pm
Buzzwords? My idea has evolved as I have learned. The idea is to prove that the ship can have a bubble of plasma keep it from bieng fried.