Community > Forum > Technology & Science > how to make spacecraft

how to make spacecraft

Posted by: heraklitos - Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 am
 [ 17 posts ] 
how to make spacecraft 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 am
I have been working on a project with the purpose to figure out life specific traits of Earth's gravity within the data already in our hands. I have assumed to this end the correlation of the electrical impulse data, the sound data and the genetic information of as many species as possible and firstly finding the combined datas of electrical impulses and sounds of life within the electrical and sound data obtained from the Earth. Once we are able to establish how the data of life correlates with the overall data from the Earth we could for example take these measurements from the moon and look for traits of life within the data. And what is more if we were to find life specific traits in that data we could convert the data to possible combinations of DNA likely to exist on the moon. The correlation of the electrical impulse data, the sound data and the genetic information of as many species as possible on Earth would give one an algorithm to produce possible combinations of DNA for a given electrical impulse and sound combination.
It is important for me if you could read my project.
http://episteme-spacecraft.blogspot.com/
Thank you for your time. :D

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 am
Umm . . . huh? There's no life on the Moon. And there's no sound, either.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:02 am
Apparently, if we use the right math, we can make life on the moon !!!

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:43 pm
Hello There,
Well obviously there is no findings of life on the Moon, but we know since the last NASA mission there is an abundance of water there.
(LCROSS Impact Data Indicates Water on Moon
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LCROS ... sults.html)
If we are looking for signs of life we could easily know what to look for, were we to do the math about life specific traits of electrical activity and sound on our own planet. I am not suggesting a Moon teeming with life or little green man or whatever a bogus scientific mind would tell you.
What I mean is that by looking for life specific traits as individual signals and algorithms within the immediately observable signals of planets we could not only figure out if there is a possibility of life there, we would also have a way to convert these life specific signals to DNA using the database we have. This DNA could be what we could find there, and if we were to actually go there and find life, the difference of the DNA of that life form would give us the changeable standard deviation for that specific planet.
Now there is again the obvious factor that such life would not contain DNA, but MAYBE it could be possible to work out the functionality of such an organism looking at the DNA produced through the algorithm. Any mismatch would again give you another changeable standard deviation for that specific planet.
As a last word I would like to say that since this project came about a week ago I have been contacting an array of scientific institutions and scientists that I personally know who are actively working in their respective fields. I am not claiming any thing, yet!
This is all very new and I am looking for healthy criticism and rigorous scientific methodology to take this apart and if there is at all a possibility, how to construct.
With Kind Regards

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:08 pm
Dear hairyklitoris

You have obviously given this a lot of thought. However, I think you may have made the assumption that there is a one-to-one mapping of DNA to emanations from living things, and this is almost certainly not the case.

HTH

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:08 am
According to Hollywood, all intelligent life in the Universe looks like humans with various odd shades of skin tone and extraneous appendages....

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am
So now I have an understanding of the level of criticism here!

Now for the Scientific Minded

Purpose:
To find life specific traits of gravity and its regeneration to create attraction through non-draining but enhancing gravitational pull; to find a resonation that would not drain but actually enrich the attracted gravitational force.

Methodology:
- Looking for life specific traits of electrical activity and of sound within the Earth's electrical activity and sound activity
1)As location - the possibility margins of existence within the data of a point in time
2)As algorhytm - the location of existence within the data of a flow in time
- Basis of the assumption of the correlation of 1)electrical activity data 2)sound activity data 3)DNA sequence data for every species; The Approximation
X1 Y1 Z1 A1
X2 Y2 Z2 A2
X3 Y3 Z3 WHAT IS A3 ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION WE HAVE?
TAKE ANY 3 INDIVIDUAL TRAITS OF LIFE ABOUT A LIVING ORGANIZM AND CONTINIUE TO DO SO UNTIL THERE IS A COLLECTION OF DATA AND THERE IS AN EMERGED PATTERN. THEN TO APPROXIMATE A VALUE TO AN UNOBSERVED TRAIT OF A NEW LIVING ORGANIZM APPLY THIS PATTERN TO THE COLLECTION OF DATA. WHEN THE MISSING TRAIT IS OBSERVED IT WOULD GIVE YOU THE CHANGABLE STANDART DIVERSION. AS MORE DATA IS COLLECTED THE ESTIMATES OF THE APPROXIMATION WOULD BE MORE ACCURATE
- Statistical variability of the results;
The Changable Standard Deviation data acquired by correlating the Actual DNA with the Correlation DNA acquired by the approximation.

Process:
- The first test: take the electrical impulses and natural sounds and dna sequence of 1000 types of bacteria. When you test a different type for sound and electrical impulse, the correlation data of the 1000 types of bacteria would give you a dna sequence. Check for a possibility of changable standart deviation.
- The triple collection of data of as many species as possible.
- Recording for Earth's life specific sounds and electrical activity
- Locating the individual species in the recorded data by location and by algorythm
- The general life possible frequency isolation and its conversion by approximation to DNA sequence data
- Decoding and solving this DNA sequence data as a code of intelligent quality (like AI)
- Relationships of frequency and life and laws of energy attraction and production; hence the deduction of new laws.
- World of Love
Life specific traits of gravity
Elementary specific traits of gravity
Machine specific traits(I guess anything bland will not do) of gravity
Water specific traits of gravity
Wind specific traits of gravity
The question of will;
Recreation of gravitational pull
vs
Individuality of resonation
What is the resonation of attraction?
Within the combined algorhytm of the 5 one could find a resonation
that would not drain but actually enrich the attracted gravitational force.
Movement through coordination of gravitational attraction to location.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm
heraklitos wrote:
So now I have an understanding of the level of criticism here!

Less criticism, more the difficulty in understanding what you are trying to convey.

If you are using "Bablefish" or other online translation programs, these translate literally, and do not create correct grammar or coherent statements very well. And it has no hope at all of successfully translating the highly technical or scientific terms you are using.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:33 pm
The level of criticism reflects the level of that being criticized

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 pm
DNA sequences are strings of bits, not numbers, and they are static. How are you going to compare that with an electromagnetic signal, which is a time series? Also, what is your hypothesis as to how DNA (which is non-conductive) could affect anything electromagnetic?

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 am
Thank you.
Static as they may be, DNA are life trait containing unique data. As the DNA is the very code that constructs the cell itself there could be nothing more related than the cell and its resonations, there is nothing to think of them as mutually exclusive. We would actually not compare this data with each other; but just store them in the same database under the reference for that living organism. The question arises when we want to take another cell and try and get a DNA sequence using the sound and electrical data; how and why can we do that? The answer to that is actually very beautiful; symbiosis :)
According to this I would like to take the data for the first doable test from 1000 types of bacteria that live in symbiosis.
Process:
- The first test: take the electrical impulses and natural sounds and dna sequence of 1000 types of bacteria. When you test a different type for sound and electrical impulse, the correlation data of the 1000 types of bacteria would give you a dna sequence. Check for a possibility of changable standart deviation.
Have a good day!

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:00 am
I am presuming that the application of this idea is for the remote life sensing and extrapolation of some biologically significant data from that (otherwise why would it be posted on a space forum?). With some sort of really awesome MRI machine?

A couple of problems I see:

a) I don't see how you could possibly differentiate the signal from the DNA from all the other molecules and RNA in there banging away. And to do so from EM radiation from orbit or across interstellar space? Can't see it happening.

b) Even if there is extra-terrestrial life in this solar system (BIG if) the odds of it having anywhere near identical enough DNA coding or even an analogous structure with which to compare, is extremely slim. Even as simple a difference as the helix turning the other way will make a comparison pointless. It would be the ultimate "apples vs. oranges" case.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 pm
1) Once we are able to establish life specific traits of electrical activity and sound we can look for it using the current technology, so no new MRI machine.
- Looking for life specific traits of electrical activity and of sound within the Earth's electrical activity and sound activity
a)As location - the possibility margins of existence within the data of a point in time
b)As algorhytm - the location of existence within the data of a flow in time

2)We are not looking for the sound of DNA as such; it is like this, you have the most detailed architectural plans for a UNIQUE house (unique as type and as an individual and let me remind you that the plans are also unique) that are also present in the house as code and construction. As this is not a house and a cell, the uniqueness resides in the primary data of electrical activity and sound that actually keeps the cell ticking (electrical activity; this would indeeed include the formations of RNA as the electrical graph of the chemical activity that resides in its formation) and the evidence of its working (the unique sound of the cell in its unique environment such as within air, water or minerals). And again Once we are able to establish life specific traits of electrical activity and sound (this obviously indicates collecting, correlating and synching a huge amount of data (can you imagine the collective sound of all species together, it would be a blast!)) we would first try and locate it on Earth and once we do it, how we found it would actually teach us about how to look for it on other planets. Yes I do think that this would imply sending sattelites but we would actually know what we are looking for and how to look for it.

3)What I mean is that by looking for life specific traits as individual signals and algorithms within the immediately observable signals of planets we could not only figure out if there is a possibility of life there, we would also have a way to convert these life specific signals to DNA using the database we have. This DNA could be what we could find there, and if we were to actually go there and find life, the difference of the DNA of that life form would give us the changeable standard deviation for that specific planet.
Now there is again the obvious factor that such life would not contain DNA, but MAYBE it could be possible to work out the functionality of such an organism looking at the DNA produced through the algorithm. Any mismatch would again give you another changeable standard deviation for that specific planet.
As a last word I would like to say that since this project came about a 2 weeks ago I have been contacting an array of scientific institutions and scientists that I personally know who are actively working in their respective fields. I am not claiming anything, yet!
This is all very new and I am looking for healthy criticism and rigorous scientific methodology to take this apart and if there is at all a possibility, how to construct.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:08 pm
If we cut away all the long words, you are trying to identify creatures by their colour. There is a lot of information in DNA, much of which has no effect on the colour of the organism whatsoever. That information you will miss by looking only at the electromagnetic radiation.

The second problem is that, looking at an alien planet, you won't have any spatial resolution at all (it's hard enough to spot the planet alone, let alone distinguish the left side from the right, and even that would be a long way from a usable resolution). That means that you will basically be seeing a blend of all the colours of all the organisms across the entire planet. That's like looking at the waves in the ocean and trying to find out where the fish are swimming. Sure, theoretically you can write all those waves as a weighted sum of a giant pile of sine waves, but that's not going to get you much closer to deriving the location of the fish.

There is a limit to the amount of information contained in any signal. Even with the hyperspectral and hyperspatial sensors that we now have observing our own planet from close by, which gather huge amounts of data, it is only starting to become somewhat possible to identify individual species.

See e.g. this paper on the subject. The match is okay (but not amazing), but these are big trees, on a savannah (so there's quite a bit of separation between them, reducing the required spatial resolution), and there are only seven species to distinguish between (the Dutch national taxonomy alone has thousands of plant species, tens of thousands of species overall, and estimates of the global number of species run into the millions).

If you look at the graphs, it seems likely that any mix of a darker and a lighter species will look just like an intermediate species, and unless you have enough spatial resolution to pick them apart, you won't be able to say anything at all. Too much information is missed by the sensor, and again, this is in our own back yard. I don't see how this would ever work across interstellar distances.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: how to make spacecraft   Posted on: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:53 pm
Living things can be identified by the help of ALL their differences and similarities.
Color! Well that is a brilliant idea! If you recognize that we are looking for life specific traits a photo might be one. According to a collection of photographs of all life forms we could look for their concentrations on the photo of a planet. How ? Well firstly by detecting the concentrations of life forms on Earth, and looking at the pictures of the Earth accordingly. The best thing is through observing how the concentrations of life forms change on Earth due to the Sun, we could correlate this data and look for life specific rays of the Sun and hence be able to detect it in other stars and galaxies.

As for spatial resolution ;
We are looking through a microscope when we are looking at Earth for sound and electricity; the trick is we know what we are looking for and how to find it; a) as location; when we have the chourus of life as data we can look at the sound and electrical graphs of the Earth, taken at a point in time and locate the margins of such activity as Location, b)as algorithm; if we have a minutes of recording of millions of species each playing in a randomized loop that would give you the algorithm to see the flow of life in the Earth's data, hence Movement.

A symbiosis is like a chourus; it is loud and strong and visible in its unity, and if we were to look for symbiosis we would have a better chance of finding a chourus than the sounds and frequencies of an individual or just a family of species. It is a love affair between different forms of life. No bacteria no life in short.
How about listening to the wind, and tring to find this chourous within it? Well I am actually, really talking about listening for the collection of sounds of lets say a tree, all related bugs, all bacteria known to live in symbiosis around it( and we could multiply these sounds or record them in their multiplicity) within actual recordings of WIND and WATER.
this collection of sounds could be thought as forming a detective matrix; as location (they can only be present (if they are)within this parameter of the graph; we will be actually using the margin of their possibility of existence within a sound to find their location and resonation), and as rhythm (they can be found as algorithm within the whole data as in the wind blowing).
Free thinking here, give us a hand :)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/How-to-ma ... 7509055877