Community > Forum > Official N-Prize Forum > N-Prize, Space Access and The SpaceShow

N-Prize, Space Access and The SpaceShow

Posted by: Rob Goldsmith - Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:30 am
 [ 2 posts ] 
N-Prize, Space Access and The SpaceShow 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post N-Prize, Space Access and The SpaceShow   Posted on: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:30 am
For anyone that missed it!

Listen

Broadcast 1135 (Special Edition)
Aired on April 7th, 2009

Guests: Iain Finer, Charles Pooley

Guests: Charles Pooley and Iain Finer. Topic 2009 Space Access Society Conference, rockets, suborbital and orbital flight, space tourism. This program consists of three separate reporting segments from Charles and Iain who were at Space Access in Phoenix, AZ . They kindly phoned in three reports to The Space Show. Charles and Iain talked about the speakers and comments, mostly from what caught their attention and interest, but also from an overall perspective of the conference this year. All three segments will play together without any breaks but there will be about a 5-7 second pause before starting each new report. If you have questions or comments for Charles or Iain, please send them to me at drspace@thespaceshow.com and I will forward to both of these guests. We appreciate Charles and Iain being available to The Space Show for these reports.

About our guests...

Iain Finer
Iain is an engineer in New Zealand and the team lead for the Kiwi 2 Space entry in the N-Prize Contest. Visit http://www.kiwi2space.co.nz/ for information about Team Kiwi 2 Space as well as for Iain Finer. Iain's email address is kiwi2space@gmail.com

Charles Pooley
Charles Pooley is self employed as a consultant and designer with 40 years experience in the fields of circuit design, servos, electrooptics. His background ranges from two years on an oceanographic research ship, involvement in startups, four patents, design of a sounding rocket. Believing that the pathway to access to space requires developing the means to get there, he has for 30 years been studying the relevant technologies, including rocket propulsion, thermodynamics, and other areas bearing on the engineering of launcher systems. For the past eight years he has been more narrowly focused on the strategy of small scale vehicles and spacecraft as the key to bypassing the problems encountered by startup ventures which hope to begin with "full size" vehicles. With the startup venture Microlaunchers, he is working to develop a small launcher system.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 pm
Wow! Great job guy's. I'm glad you guy's got there and could do that. I was really sorry I could not make it. Hey thats how it goes sometimes. I'm looking forward to seeing some hardware this year! I'm glad Charles and Iain are working on their missions to orbit and good luck fellas! Personaly I've never been so broke we have spent all our funds on equipment and I'm only doing some consulting at the University for the Mechanical Engineering department as a sideline to our N-Prize mission. I am currently making parts for our big lathe on the little one and it's time consuming. I have very little time for progress reports and have moved to the Space fellowship as our only source to the outside world. We are currently working on a foundry to cast parts as well.

Monroe

Moderator: Paul H. Dear