N-Prize ver 2.0

Posted by: SA_Rocket_Guy - Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:22 pm
 [ 16 posts ] 
N-Prize ver 2.0 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: N-Prize ver 2.0   Posted on: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:11 pm
Terraformer wrote:
Oh, I'm headed off to Exeter next month. I might try getting a team started, but I may well be too busy - the course is quite demanding (Natural Sciences), and I've got several internet business ideas I'd like to do, at least one before June (so I can say I started a business whilst a teenager, I'm 20 on the 28th of May). Fortunately, they're the type which can be self funded, funded with a small kickstarter, or bootstrapped with the others profits. I don't dare give anyone else control, except cofounders...

Speaking of which... there's no cap of R&D funds for the N-prize, is there? :p

Depending up the type of company you might want to start up it might be worth looking at.

http://www.indiegogo.com/

or

http://www.rockethub.com

Rather than kickstarter as recently they seem to have turned a bit anti science recently and also even before that came about when I looked into their terms and conditions in preparation for raising funds to turn our team from garden shed amateurs into proper Rockoon scientists :wink: :twisted:. Indiegogo looked more new business friendly rather than specific project type. I have not properly checked out rockethub but I think IIRC they were mention on a radio four business program at the more serious end of the spectrum for new businesses.

Profile WWW
Moderator: Paul H. Dear