Community > Forum > International Space Efforts > International Treaty of Space Nations

International Treaty of Space Nations

Posted by: ralpher05 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 

Would you support an International Treaty of Space Nations?
Poll ended at Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:24 pm
Yes 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post International Treaty of Space Nations   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 pm
Wondered if any of you would support this idea. Of course this idea is not new. It has a long standing in Sci-Fi fiction. But is it time for it to become a reality?

The idea is that the Treaty provides an organization to conduct space exploration missions and coordinate concerted efforts and have sharing of information.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: International Treaty of Space Nations   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:38 pm
Yes and no, but I voted yes above, it depends on what's in it.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: International Treaty of Space Nations   Posted on: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:21 pm
Sigurd wrote:
Yes and no, but I voted yes above, it depends on what's in it.

Good point.

What would you like to see in it or not see in it?

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: International Treaty of Space Nations   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 3:43 am
Similar to the "sharing" of Antartica, countries "share" the Moon, orbits, Mars, etc...
No one country would claim a territory, but only an area for scientific research.

My question is how would private industries possibly wanting to utilize resources outside of Earth be included (or excluded) from this. Because capitalism is always a great driving force of explorations (i.e. early colonists to the Americas)