Community > Forum > General Support > JS/Exploit-BO.gen Virus

JS/Exploit-BO.gen Virus

Posted by: Enthusiast - Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:18 am
 [ 5 posts ] 
JS/Exploit-BO.gen Virus 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post JS/Exploit-BO.gen Virus   Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:18 am
Lately when I hit the forum index I've been getting a warning from McAfee saying "Script Removed" and referring to the above virus. Has anyone else seen this?

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:54 am
I don't have the problem, and I'm using McAfee as well.. but if this true.. I have almost no doubt about it that it's due to the advertisement banners.. (and they are different per user) I have 9 different networks advertising on this site, with each having their own inventory.. and 2 of them dare to show now and then.. content that should have been stopped by their filters.

I also noticed that our site loaded very slow at some time yesterday, when AdBrite was having server troubles, so I'm going to change them into IFrames and will try to find out where that virus came from.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:15 am
If anyone has the virus problem again, please make a screenshot, and also look at the banners on the page, (often on the left side, and at the bottom of the page) and if possible make a screenshot of them as well.
I also checked the server and there doesn't seem to be any changed or new file. But I'll activate a virus scan anyway.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:37 pm
Saw the same error again today. (I haven't been online much in the last couple of weeks.) I agree it's probably the banner ads. The two banner ads that were visiible were for Optimum Triple Play and Vonage. I'm not sure how to get the screen captures to you.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:43 am
Enthusiast wrote:
Saw the same error again today. (I haven't been online much in the last couple of weeks.) I agree it's probably the banner ads. The two banner ads that were visiible were for Optimum Triple Play and Vonage. I'm not sure how to get the screen captures to you.

If you have the screen captures, feel free to send them to sigurd atsignhere gmail.com

Profile WWW