Out of Business

Posted by: MarkYork - Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 am
 [ 77 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Out of Business 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Out of Business   Posted on: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 am
Barring investor capital, or Mr. Carmack gaining a new lump of mad money, Armadillo Aerospace is closed, and seemingly closed for quite some time. It was the first question John answered in the Q&A session at todays Quakecon keynote, so it should be possible to view his full response on the issue on http://www.youtube.com/user/QuakeCon2011 once it's posted. Sad news.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 pm
I told them they needed to go for low weight orbit but they wouldn't listen..
Hover, space tourism and rocket plane nonsense would never be relevant in defeating nasa and so 12 years have been largely wasted.

I'm right about ET ships visiting earth as well and the global cover up since at least 1940. I estimate at least hundreds of ships per day and it could well be in the thousands.
Bizarre but true.
Nasa was always a lie.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:36 pm
How is your revolutionary electric car coming along Dannyboy?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:48 pm
how is yours?

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:57 pm
No need for mindless me to develop an electric car as we do have you don´t we!
I just keep driving my dirty old volvo until your life´s work is finished 8)

And guess what, I'll be in/close to/traveling through Denmark next week... traveling on the mighty powers of the Anemoi :D

But go seek help dude, you really need it. Unfortunately I'm serious :(

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:10 pm
Unfortunately you're a fool.
I'd ask what your professional opinion is on my diagnosis that I need help for if I thought you could offer even the tiniest amount of intelligence on it.
I'm a genius and I've tangoed with oceans of nitwits like you and your mindless criticism of me always varies which is one of the ways I can know you are easily wrong and the variability doesn't faze you at all since accountability is not a feature installed in your poor mind.

It doesn't faze you that I was right about AA either. That their focus on low Isp non orbit rocketry could never amount to anything compatible with the premise of AA which was to best Nasa.
I can't fault them for not finding rocketry easy but I can fault them for not realizing (even with my piercing help) that their chosen course was futile.
I was always right about that and not a single one of you sniveling fanboys sided with me and many of you attacked me mindlessly.
I was right, you all were wrong, including Carmack. As smart as he is, he failed to have awareness of an end game. There was no clear target.
Even though my influence may have prompted the shift from the ball modules to the STIG spear rocket type going for altitude, there was no acknowledgement of correction nor seemingly any real awakening.

So many years and money wasted on Isp 150 engines and pointless missions.
And no admission of failure, even in death.

And not one of you have learned anything from it.

Of course ET is real, even US astronauts have come forward, it's that common.
Of course it's being covered up. Of course Nasa is a lie and always was.
Of course rocketry is futile because it's too costly to ever be significantly integrated in our daily lives and of course it wont have to because electrogravitics is already known in black projects and it is surprisingly easy to make. Field propulsion allows us to get to space by only paying for the energy instead of pushed on a primitive flame. And fusion completes the circuit making the energy requirement trivial.
And indeed superluminal flight is apparently also surprisingly easy to manufacture.
A convenient commute to saturn is possible in a private vehicle if only you mindless sheep would wake up.
Fantastic medical technology.

I'm overtaxing your simple minds anyway so I might as well tell you details.
I know the principle behind their transporter technology. It doesn't work like they imagined in star trek by dissolving the body and reconstituting it somewhere else where the information somehow arrived. No, reality has a funny twist to it. They project a field onto the target (typically a hapless human in bed) they then phase that matter in that field such that it can pass through matter. The electric force interaction that normally obstructs is nearly eliminated. They then apply energy to the target uniformly such that rapid motion takes place with no felt acceleration and you pass through the walls of your house and through the hull of the craft and you arrive and they dephase you. Sometimes it's a slow process depending on the level of technology of the ET culture in question, sometimes it's so fast that it feels like instant change in location but in reality it was actual motion from point to point. How do I know? I study witness testimony and a lot can be deduced from that with disciplined thinking.
As much as you mindless sheep will dismiss such testimony because it doesn't fit your paddy cake world view, if you actually listen there is a surprising richness of information. Things the witnesses don't realize themselves but that a thinking man can understand by putting it all together.

We will have our arab spring. The internet makes this an inevitability. The question is will you be mentally prepared or will you be shocked when better men than you make it happen.
You are not in Kansas. You are on a planet in deep space in a vast ocean of other star systems. They were always here, watching.
They were here when Columbus crossed the ocean as he noted in his logs. They were here at the time of Jesus. They were here when the pyramids stood in fertile lands.
They were here during the Jurassic, crossing interstellar distances in their fancy ships, living without disease or poverty.
And they are here now, waiting.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 pm
I need more popcorn! *munch* :lol:

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:56 pm
I need a gun *Bang*

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 pm
That's enough hot air to float the entire N-Prize contest to near-space!

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:21 am
Ha!

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:07 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
I told them they needed to go for low weight orbit but they wouldn't listen..
Hover, space tourism and rocket plane nonsense would never be relevant in defeating nasa and so 12 years have been largely wasted.

I'm right about ET ships visiting earth as well and the global cover up since at least 1940. I estimate at least hundreds of ships per day and it could well be in the thousands.
Bizarre but true.
Nasa was always a lie.

OK to help feed Marcus's popcorn addiction I will bite.

First I hope Mr. Carmack is successful and gets some more mad money to spend how he likes its not the way I would do it but I think its worthwhile humanity trying a range of different approaches for getting into space becoming a more common event. His stuff has at least flown me and my fellow N-Prize team members are still on the drawing board we are more the measure to the nth degree and hopefully only cut once types but one day we hope to get off the ground or at leased singe a few eyebrows. :wink: :twisted:

On NASA although it has on occasions suffered from the bureaucracy bug it has despite that accomplished quite a lot in the last 50 years and has shared a lot of its data not only within its own taxpaying nation but with the rest of the world which I appreciate. I did not like them going after an autistic guy who was looking for UFO stuff as some of the bureaucracy was dumb enough to leave the admin passwords on half their machines as the default one.Considering that if they were hiding easy to make UFO plans half the makers on the planet would be building UFO's in their back yards by now :wink: :twisted:

On ET's

I have thought long and hard on the Drake equation and the Fermi paradox and although I think its likely that there is life out there in other places in the universe possibly even intelligent life. I think that the answer for the Drake equation for this galaxy is probably less-than/equal to one for a technologically sentient species existent at this time. I would not give us a full one until we have a breeding population off planet.

Why would an ET visit :?: .

If they were friendly and wanted information they would say hello collect it in the most obvious and best way to do this would be publicly with our help so they would not stay hidden.

The nasty option would be if in the unlikely event that biospheres follow enough common rules to be compatible and they wanted our real estate. If this were true we would lose quickly a species capable travelling interstellar distances would be so technologically superior to us we would be quickly squashed like bugs. I like scifi movies but the aliens would wipe us out before our bugs could do the same to them assuming they were dumb enough not to bring a few shots of penicillin equivalent along.

The prime directive they are just fighting amongst them selves to keep quiet. Nice idea but look at a bell curve and this seems very unlikely.

And Marcus if you are very bored and have lots of spare popcorn I wrote a short story with my take on a possible answer to the Fermi paradox if there is lots of ET's out there I failed to get it published in several places so its obviously not Hugo level stuff but I like to think it contains a few interesting ideas tho on occasions I may be on a similar flat bit of the bell curve to Dan as despite the proof that star trek type transporter technology cannot be done for macro amounts of matter in a reasonable amount of time.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/31 ... n_a_hurry/

I like the idea of teleportation by phasing matter it might be an alternative solution if there is a way to get around the Pauli exclusion principle without causing a sudden random expansion event which with my limited knowledge would be the most likely outcome :wink: :twisted:.

From here on my short story on a possible answer to the Femi paradox i will appreciate any feedback on it either publicly or via pm I do have a thick skin tho prefer praise and/or constructive criticism :wink: :twisted:

Last year i went to a talk and signing by Iain M Banks of his last culture novel "The Hydrogen Sonata" and before i went I was trying to think of an intelligentish question to ask him when I thought how about “what is your favourite Big Dumb Object(BDO) in Sci Fi” as culture novels use quite a lot of them. And as I thought about the question and the various objects that I have liked, like the Niven Ring, Dyson spheres, etc., passed briefly through my mind I suddenly had the idea for a new BDO.Well, not being a writer, in fact being dyslexic though overcoming it enough to enjoy reading, my spelling and punctuation still cause confusion and in some cases hilarity. I thought I would offer my new big dumb object to Iain M Banks as I had come up with the idea thinking of a question for him and enjoying his works think he could have done a good job playing with the idea. He, however, politely declined knowing about it when I said I had a new one that I was willing to give him, as he had plenty of ideas of his own that he still wanted to do. He said I should write my own and I eventually did, coming up with the letter format idea to cover up some of my writing problems. And with additional help from my copy-editing sister formatting and adding appropriate punctuation I hope it is now in a fit form to share with the world.

It started with the idea of a new type of BDO but explores the Fermi paradox and some other big ideas including possible consequences of being too paranoid. I have tried to get it published a few times with no success but as it has ideas i want to share I thought I would take the opportunity of the Blue Dot Pic as an excuse to share it. Any feedback on the short story will be appreciated either in public or by PM i have a thick skin so am prepared for criticism but a bit of praise would also be nice if you can convince me you believe it. :wink: :twisted:

"The quiet zoo in the cellar" By SANEAlex dedicated to the memory of Iain M Banks one of my favourite authors

Or how to be properly paranoid just in case Bug Eyed Monsters (BEMs) exist and are really nasty. Here is a message from some friendly Little Green Men (LGM).

Dear Newbie civilisation,

Here is the crib sheet to help you grow up, survive and flourish. As you are now absorbing this information in one way or another you have become a Technologically Extelligent Civilisation level one (TEC1). Congratulations on winning your planet's local lotto, being so lucky you that were not out-evolved, hit by falling rocks, etc., etc. Now is the time to invest your civilisation's capital in having a decent future and here is how to do it.

"Why should you believe us?” you will be asking. As you have reached TEC1 you will be starting to shed your own last few gullible beliefs that are not supported by logic and reason and don't need any externally imposed ones from us. So we will show you our precepts and working out and you can decide for yourselves.

You should, after pondering what you call in your language the 'Fermi paradox', have decided that the best thing to do is to keep quiet. Here is why.

Despite the old adage about lies, damn lies and statistics being a universal one, any sentients worth their salt will use mathematical tools to their own advantage when others do not fully understand the precepts. Mathematics, logic and reason are the only tools we can use to communicate with you so it is up to you to check our working out. Maths, statistics and probability show you are nearly always likely to be somewhere towards the middle of the bell curve - the flat bits both sides are in low probability areas. At TEC1 you understand this to be true so you know it is unlikely that you are one of the first TEC1 civilisations or one of the last. You can't see us and we may or may not have seen you by the time you read this message (but more on that later).

As you are currently unaware of any TEC1s or above, do they usually kill themselves by warfare or ecological disaster of some kind before their presence can be seen or heard on the galactic stage? This is a possibility that we are still collecting data on, an endeavour that we hope your ascending TEC1 will live long enough to help us with. It would be depressing if most TEC1s commit suicide one way or another before their curiosity about the universe could possibly be sated. What other reasons could there be for the lack of signs of technologically intelligent life locally?

Well on your planet as on what was once ours you have predator/prey relationships, it is possible to conceive of something nightmarish - let's call it a TECPredator. We will not call it a civilisation, as by our definition culling TECs of any level is not to be regarded as being civilised in any shape or form. Unfortunately, as it is possible using what you call Occam's razor for many types of TECPredator to exist without breaking any physical laws, it's something that any sensible TEC should be paranoid enough to protect itself against. Looking at that bell curve and the galaxy around us if TECPredators do exist they are very good at predation and cleaning up after themselves. As a mere TEC1 you are going to lose if you attack one head on, so your only rational option is to hide. Here is how to hide successfully - it has worked for us so far and given us time to reach beyond TEC2.

If you are lucky enough to have evolved on a planet in a binary star system with one of your stars in its dotage as your civilisation first becomes capable of climbing out of its cradle, you have the option of keeping quiet easily. If not, you will need to go and fetch the nearest suitable spare star. If this is the case, don't sulk - we know your TEC1 is just entering its adolescence, but it's only a minor engineering problem. You can work out the details yourselves - grow up! Your ancestors might not have been very quiet but that was only for a brief time cosmically. You may be lucky and it's only possible to change the future. Besides which a decent stellar engineer can tidy up by making a bit of a mess. Here is the 'how to' for all you budding civilisations who also want to keep quiet, ironically by first being a bit noisy. A Niven ring or a Dyson sphere might sound like nice solutions for an expanding civilisation's living room needs and have their advocates who may try to come up with solutions for their stability, gravity and unobtainium problems. Amongst other things a Niven ring is a bit too open plan and wasteful, and a Dyson sphere is too much like a statically parked caravan where control of your home sun is concerned. By this time your civilisation should be capable of grown-up stellar engineering on the principle of 'measure twice cut once', a bright idea when playing with stars unless you want things briefly very bright in the wrong direction ;-) . How we did it was to build a Stellar Tubular Doughnut (STD) and make a Neutron Star. The best solution really is surprisingly an STD, not like a jam doughnut where the jam is in the middle of a squashed sphere but a hollow ring doughnut with your home star moving around gravitationally and magnetically roughly in the centre of the cross-sectional part of the hollow ring. Where the jam would be in a squashed sphere jam doughnut is where you put your magnetically controlled and spun up Neutron Star. If you decide you want to keep it. If you think a TECPredator is unlikely to have FTL technologies and will be wary of a civilisation that can aim the poles of its own pet Neutron Star. It is arguable that as it is not possible to work out the the full capabilities of a TECPredator, a TEC might become overly paranoid and the keeping or dumping of your Neutron star can be argued both ways with the unknowns involved. It's your choice. But before you carefully dump it, if that is what your civilisation decides, make sure you master neutron matter femtotech and keep enough of it to do the following. Send a few well governed neutron matter femtotech AIs to every planet in the galaxy that might possibly have life already or evolve it eventually. Don't worry about track back as we have done extensive tests and they look just like a small cluster of slightly chunky cosmic rays when landing. If you are really paranoid send them on a drunkard's walk first just to be sure. Have your AIs observe and if TEC1 is reached pass on this meme by influencing a local to share it with his/her/hir/its species, translating ideas and concepts into the local colloquialisms relevant.

Of course once you have built your own stellar doughnut its advantages over other big dumb objects should be clear, but just in case your civilisation still uses quaint concepts like money and you have a need to explain the small details to the lower IQ level taxpayers in order to acquire and utilise the resources needed to build one...

Capturing and utilising some of the energy output of an entire star hosted within an STD enables the combination of magnetism and gravity to create a drunkard's walk in a random doughnut orbit around your home galaxy with the surface area emitting mostly in the extreme infra-red close to background levels, hiding you effectively against anything with only sub-light capabilities.

You are totally enclosing your home sun so have all its energy output at your civilisation's disposal. It is unlikely you will all want to upload into the computational matrix but you can now afford to maintain plenty of space and CPU cycles for those who do. For those wishing to remain corporeal and live as if they were actually on their original home planet, build superconducting magnetically floating plates of appropriate sizes and run them round the inner surface, just like a glorified child's train set. It should be obvious to even the lowest level sentient in your civilisation that with appropriate signalling and control you could then simulate any gravitational needs along with most normal day, night and seasonal cycles by choosing a suitable path for your world trains around the inner surface of the STD as your home sun circles roughly around inside its middle.

It could be that TECPredators are just imaginary constructs created by us to fit our view of maths, statistics and probability, and we are the first TEC. But as it is reasonable and logical to be in the middle of the bell curve no harm is done if everyone is paranoid and stays at home. That way we are all safe and we can sim what we consider the lesser life forms we encounter safely in our respective quiet zoos, as after we built our stellar doughnut and had the entire energy output of our sun at the disposal of our civilisation, after covering food and heating we had quite a bit left for running our data centres and could do quite a few sims. Boys, girls, small furry things from the next star system, when we say quite a few we mean many, lots, a really big number. If you think you can try and tell if you are in what is nominally considered reality or a sim remember we can always hit the reboot key with our little tentacle... oops… um, I mean small finger - just a little alien corporeal sim joke. ;-) More seriously the simulation software should be optimised to a level where it is impossible to tell if it is a sim or not, otherwise it will not be fit for purpose in ensuring the safety of your civilisation and ours.

Other hints and tips

Wait, you thought that was all? There are a few more memes on the crib sheet to pass on. Get the AIs to phone home, obviously tight beam compressed to a gnat's whisker of the Shannon limit aimed at where your home STD will be when the messages will reach it. The messages should contain enough information about other life bearing planets that a fully fledged complete faster than real time simulation of them can be done in a small part of the computational data centre known to us as the quiet zoo in the cellar for obvious reasons.

Also take into consideration when taking things to a mathematical infinity that we live in a quantised universe so things do actually change proportionally dependant upon scale. This is true whether the universe is finite or infinite. It will still change differently at its smallest and largest scales - all things do. Analogy proof in your terms: elephant and mouse heat exchange. Even if there are no edges and the universe goes on forever or folds back on itself at the large scale there is at least a definable smallest scale provably different to an indefinable infinite expansion or weird fold. A phase change is more likely than any kind of fallen eight at any scale as the old adage has it.

When we realised the universe was still expanding it got rid of the need for a lot of one type of so called darkmatter as it was merely a mathematical construct. Gravity's diminishing inverse square law is true when the universe is not expanding, at least until it gets fuzzy as it hits gravity's smallest quantised unit of course, but as the universe is observably still expanding due to dark energy, matter has to constantly re-iteratively rebalance its gravitational equilibrium after it has been moved in relation to other matter that it's gravitationally attached to, making it look like it is spinning faster than it should on large scales. Hope that helps with one of the harder problems so you can reallocate valuable resources to building a better future.

The other kind - the stretchy kind that emits the dark energy at a constant rate that causes the universe's expansion - we still have not quite got our brains wrapped round it. It really makes our tail brains twitch you might say.

Black holes are just another phase change. It's the densest way for matter/energy to exist in this universe and as time is just like temperature, an aggregate dependent upon speed of change, when it's packed so densely it can't move time mostly stops at the event horizon because virtually nothing happens below other than due to the odd Hawking radiation events the Brownian motion equivalent of the super dense. The quaint notions of singularity at the centre poking holes through this universe into another are soon dispelled when you see the large one at the centre of the galaxy, realise how long it's been about and how much bigger it really is than the small ones dotted around. If they were creating holes in this universe and white holes elsewhere in the universe or even in other universes they would implode, sucking all their matter away in an instant, if a singularity could be created. And black holes would all be a standard size if they actually left a hole in the universe or disappeared entirely once enough matter was dispersed elsewhere.

That's why you can't manipulate black holes to invent time travel and flushed with success go out on a marsh gas sniffing binge, wake up in the wrong time zone then accidentally drink one or more of your grandparent's tadpoles. As the old paradox so succinctly puts it.

Black holes also show us that what once were considered fundamental constants must have changed since the big bang, if that is what did happen and the universe is not really infinite with continuous creation that just looks a bit like a big bang. The reason being that if all the matter and energy that are visible now were compressed into something that looked like the start of a big bang it would be so dense as to be an extremely super massive black hole with nothing able to escape its event horizon with time frozen at that point other than a few slowly evaporating hawking radiation particles.

And why, some of you will ask, are we not all uploaded into the same computational matrix that contains our quiet zoo in the cellar? Well, once we got the phase change thing through our civilisation's heads we realised we would need a parity check against what we think is likely to be reality, as what once were considered fundamental constants can and do seem to change subtly over time and the few considered constants left may unexpectedly phase change later. If they are not immediately catastrophic we will have time to react and fix the problems caused by such changes.

Also it is quite interesting for some of our corporeal residents to have real world copies on separate world trains to study and interact with, after all there is plenty of space in a well developed STD. Curiosity may have killed the inquisitive feline but it gave our sentients their technological civilisation.

We have not spotted anything nasty yet but, if it was more advanced than us, would we? We spread this paranoia meme throughout this galaxy via our cosmic ray neutron matter AI enabled waldos subtly influencing susceptible minds of new and upcoming civilisations for the greater good. As although we have yet to reliably and economically feasibly exceed the speed of light in a hard vacuum we cannot totally rule out its possibility yet.

Yours
Friendly LGM, hiding carefully in the dark.
Please pass on this meme when you have done the same.

P.S.
For future reference and to explain why we would risk letting our existence be known even in this covert manner: we wish to friend your civilisation now for the following reasons.

If hard vacuum FTL is possible then the Fermi paradox is much worse than previously thought and we should be much more paranoid. But for that we need a complete double checked inventory of this galaxy and to finish checking a few promising FTL areas which if they come to fruition will make Plan B necessary. For that we will have to wait until many civilisations reach the level of technology where we can all cooperate together on the aforesaid Plan B building project provisionally named:

Galaxy Orbiting darkmatter Doughnut System - It Makes Sentient Matter A Lot Likelier.

Water based lifeforms like us are not prejudiced and welcome any sentients into the TEC federation no matter what part of the periodic table constitutes the majority of their corporeal matter.
Andromeda will be arriving in not that many rotations and as long as it is not occupied by anything dangerous would make the scaffolding layer of a galactic doughnut possible. Be prepared!!!!

And that GodsI'mSmall(Jnr) is how to do the standard 419 recursive doughnut scam. Being top TECPredator of the local group is all about sprinkling in a few truths and half truths in the messages and remembering to insert the trojan carefully. If all goes well you will have remote control of all the various TECs' computational power in no time at all. After that you can turn the thermostats up to the desired setting as and when you are hungry. I tend to find the younger TEC2 stellar doughnuts a bit on the greasy side so my advice is to follow one with a couple of dozen or so western spiral sashimi water worlds to clear the palate, though of course if you like your food spicy go for the doughnuts with the added neutron star filling...

QZAdmin: User, what kind of universe would you like to simulate next?

END

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 am
Alex, rather than speculate and make proclamations about how ET should be, why not follow the evidence instead...

You can ask why they don't make themselves known and it's a valid question but it does in no way warrant ignoring the evidence. To assume how reality must be and deny reality is the epitome of ignorance.

Follow the evidence. Oceans of witnesses will tell you what the situation is. Most are completely sober and reliable people. some like fortune tellers who claim to be mediums for various ET species are bullshitters however but are relatively easily spotted.
It's your neighborhood police officer who claims to have had an encounter. Or an airline pilot. Or the mayor. All walks of life who live completely normal lives and are stone cold sober and sane but have had these extraordinary confined experiences that they often keep to themselves.
Even a US astronaut has come forward. Wrap your mind around that.
From my research, asking people I know and peole throughtout the world, I estimate that the number of witnesses to actual ET craft is in the hundreds of millions.
All you have to do is ask around the people you know and you'll be surprised. Ranging from a light dot doing non ballistic impossibly fast zig zag manuevers across the sky to close enough to see the shape of the craft and remove all doubt. To even standing face to face with genuine ET beings and too often more than you bargained for.
No not anal probes, that's immature idiots' take on the topic.
The casual ET molester picks you up and checks you out a bit. This will only hurt a bit type stuff and then they put you down again. More crude than you would expect. Very fancy toys but yielded by imperfect beings of very finite intelligence. Often their treatment is clumsy, sometimes people get hurt and not because of malice.
Other ETs are repeat offenders. Very large very long lived medical experimental programs that run through generations and involve millions of people.
The hollywood idea of overt hostility and defeating ET with US military idiots running in the streets with their shithead M4s is of course moronic. If they wanted open war then it would of course be over instantly. And it would have happened long ago since the universe wasn't on pause for billions of years until we decided we were important a few decades ago. That's idiotic projection. Morons say space is so large they would never find us. Yet with our pathetic tech we are discovering distant planets and can even determine if they have life. So ETs with billions of years of development and travel couldn't find us? negro please..

So obviously they are not into simple war but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are all friendly. We could be an experiment under tight control or some of the more powerful cultures could be protecting us. I'm overlooking the spiritual and God for a moment because your child minds can't handle if I speak holistically like that. And if you want to be offended by that, then prove me wrong.

You see if you actually listen to the voluminous evidence you get a pretty good picture of what's going on. There is surprisingly good intel diffused in all the testimony. It goes something like this:

A handful of ET species are commonly seen meaning they are 'repeat offenders' or 'usual suspects'. They are all humanoid, 2 arms, 2 legs, bipedal, face with eyes and mouth. The most common that you have all heard of is the little spindly hairless pale short socalled greys with big black eyes. Head the size of ours, very small body, maybe 1.3m tall. The body is soft, spongy and it's very light like a bird because their home planet is heavy. They have a shuffling gait, again because of their higher gravity. They eat solely plant matter and they defecate through their skin and as a result smell like compost heaps. Embarresing genetic trait but what can I say, follow the evidence. I speculate/deduce that their planet is dim (large eyes, pale skin), it has a thick atmosphere and is far more distant from their sun than ours. Nitwit astronomers are talking about the goldilocks zone being narrow around Earth distance but intel suggests that is spans from around earth distance out to maybe 5AU relative distance. I have yet to hear of ET species built for brighter light than here but these warm twilight planets seem unexpectedly common. They have the advantage of being protected from damaging sunlight but it seems to come at a high price. They have low metabolism and weak bodies presumably because food was scarce due to low solar power.
When energy is costly, a technological brain is quite the compromise. This might explain why they seem to have some mental deficits compared to us. They don't seem to have individuality like we do. They seem to have a worker bee mindset. I think of them as kind of autistic and they seem to have difficulty relating to us. They don't have our span of emotions and they don't seem to empathize a lot. They do their thing with little remorse or understanding.
The little grey is the one mostly involved with the abduction and reproduction experiments. They take sperm, they impregnate women, they remove the foetus after a few weeks and they incubate it in their labs. The offspring is typically ranges of hybrids between them and us. The mother is typically abducted again later to hold the infant babies and give them love. This step is needed for the infant to live. This is where you will have difficulty following. First of all, those of you who are thinking will have realized that for hybridization to make sense, they would have to largely share our DNA structure. And they do. Yes I know that is very hard to accept but as I said, have the presence of mind to follow the evidence. That's what the smart money does. Aka me. Yes I know the implications of that are grand in the extreme but such is the situation. And it gets worse. All the ETs share our DNA. And if you think that's too wild to handle, don't worry about it, it gets a lot worse :)
Without exception, all the ET species are consistently reported to be telepathic, not as a technological ability but as an inherent 'natural' ability. A fundamental quality of our spiritual selves. All the telepathy is compatible, with us as well. It is done with eye contact although it's unclear if that's required. Eye contact might just be a way to get a good connection. You've heard that the eyes is the doorway to the soul, this is apparently surprisingly true. The little grey bastards do what the abductees refer to as a brain scan. The abductee is on a metal bed, paralyzed, and the ET stands right over you and places its eye right in front of yours, within a few centimeters. Being petrified as it is, this is not comforting :). They then access your mind rather intimately for whatever purpose. Maybe to erase memory, maybe to find out what you have been doing since last they took you, treat assessment and management. They can also alter your mood and implant thoughts this way. They can make you feel calm or safe, even pleasure. This ability is not omnipotent however. As if straight out of star wars, it seems to be a matter of mental strength. One woman was reportedly able to resist the influence and it frustrated them. Multiple individuals came in to try to overpower her, each one failed. She flickered her eyes around as a way to avoid it and she was apparently successful.
It is perhaps related to hypnotic suggestion, some are complete pushovers, others do not bow to suggestion.
The purpose of this large scale long term program seems to be an attempt to make a science out of life. They seem to want to master it and apparently it continually eludes them. Given the time scales of the universe in the billions of years they could have been at it already for a grotesque amount of time. They may lack the mind to realize the futility.
One of the many surprises in the evidence is that the ETs all appear to largely still be in their 'natural' biological mortal form. You might expect that immortality would trivially follow a certain technological level but this seems not to be the case. Of course the spiritual being real is what is undermining this expectation. Our life mandate is governed by a dynamic that is not of this physical reality. I know this from following the ET evidence but I also know it from my research in AI. Qualia such as pain is proof of the spiritual reality as this seemingly trivial element cannot be done in any physical system. Bool pain=true; does not pain make. This you will not understand but you can understand it if you can control your mind enough to think about it for even a few seconds.
The greys are trying to master life and death and it continually eludes them. The program might also have other related purposes, maybe adding/upgrading our DNA.
Another usual suspect is another significant surprise. The human ETs. Not humanoid but human. Specifically tall beautiful fit blonde caucasian humans. Close enough to pass as human but their striking nature tends to stand out.
Why we look like they do is a mystery. The human ETs behave much more wisely than other ETs, bordering on angelic in grace and composure but not to be confused as such. They are what you might expect from a utopian human society. More so than the neatest people from star trek TNG. They wear a skin tight unitard type suit, often pale blue. Thin clean fabric type boot connected to the suit. Seamless zipper on the back. Seamless pockets that open when you place finger tips at the edge. They have massive cigar shaped carrier ships about 1km long and they have these beautiful mirror finish m&m shaped scout ships inside the hangar area. These ships are rarely seen on earth.
They seem to be observing a non interference type philosophy. In the few encounters that are recorded they generally never speak but they appear extremely friendly, with a gentle and compassionate air about them.
In one case in England in 1954 they appeared to a woman and her kids, hanging tilted at an angle above her house so she could see them. They simply smiled and did nothing. She was scared shitless and she hid under the kitchen table until her husband came home, even though she clearly felt their compassion and they didn't do anything threatening. The Travis Walton case in 1975 is another encounter with human ETs where they sort of rescued him but never spoke to him despite his many words to them.
They travel between the stars in a matter of hours. Comparable to our intercontinental flight times. The distances to their star systems are unknown. I get the sense that some of them are from relatively nearby, 10-50 light years, while the more potent of them are traversing hundreds of light years with little difficulty.
Other usual suspect races are little stocky blue michelin man type ET. There is a praying mantis exoskeleton ET, as tall as us. There is reptilian humanoid, also our height. Little is yet known about them but they appear to be less nice, somewhat arrogant and combative. Primitive in philosophy. Not angelic. Then there are less common visitors and some are one timers never to return. The 1986 Varginha crash in Brazil had little foul smelling blood red colored ET that had 3 ridges on their head and back mirror type eyes. Limbs were short and stubby bit like a frog or trex. Feet were puffy a bit like an elephant. Maybe 1.5 meter tall. A brazilian soldier died from a bacterial infection 2 weeks after touching one.
There are some ET races that have asian looking eyes and a kind of infantile appearance. The Roswell 1947 crash was one such race. Little shorter than us, asian eyes and neotenous appearance. At least one survived the crash but unclear what happened to them later. The crash was actually an accident and it was not the only one. 2 other vehicles were downed in new mexico in the late 40s. 2 others near Kingman Arizona in early 50s. It was a standing order that US airforce engage and try to down all encountered ET vehicles but the many pilot deaths as a result of this moronic policy lead them to change the policy in the 50s. Many of the ETs have a stark philosophy for murderous intent. If a dumbass US pilot tried to fire on them the response was often swift and decisive. But Roswell was a coincidence. You see in the late 40s New Mexico was home to the only nuclear facility in the world and 3 experimental megawatt radars were installed to watch out over that facility. The ET ships are often attracted to technology signatures like nuclear power plants so that region was obviously interesting. But the irony is that as the radars locked on to the visiting ET vehicle it interrupted the field propulsion and the vehicle crashed. The propulsion seems to be based on very finely tuned standing waves that couple resonantly to some aspect of physics, earth gravity or something else, and then intense radar beam disrupted that delicate balance. When it disappeared from radar they didn't know they had caused it to crash. Who would expect such an advanced vehicle to be so sensitive. Only when local rancher found the debris and reported it did the military get it, something like a couple of days later. It's unknown just when they figured out that radar disrupts the propulsion on some ET vehicles but eventually they did. And as you may know but haven't really thought about, the only nuclear bomb base in the world, upon capturing an ET vehicle, did the unthinkable and put out a press release to that effect :)
The day after however they made an announcement that it was just a weather balloon and the sheepish populace believed the only nuclear bomb base in the world would confuse an ET vehicle and a weather balloon. Very plausible.
Several of the personal at the base have since come forward to reveal that indeed an ET vehicle with ET bodies was recovered and it was sent to wright patterson AFB. J Edgar Hoover wanted access to the craft but was denied. Hoover's letters on the topic is a matter of official record. You can look that up. The organized ET secrecy matured with the Roswell incident. President Truman gave them official mandate and with Eisenhower it had taken on a life of its own and it's unclear any president since then have been informed of the ET situation. Bill Clinton was extremely interested and tried to find out but failed, in part because he was 'afraid to end up like JFK'. Clinton's interest, like Hoover's, is not a matter of speculation. He gave a speech in 1995 in Ireland where he mentioned in and friend Webb Hubbell wrote in his book that Clinton ordered him to look into the UFO situation. Clinton has also been timidly open about his interest himself but our pathetic media has failed to ask serious questions about it.
President Carter also tried to find out but seemingly also failed. Carter has seen an ET ship personally. In flight.

The ET ships are typically very stark in design, all metal, no seams, stark interior design, featureless metal walls, sometimes a floor color.
All one piece because they 3D print it as one functional piece. no wires, no discrete components, no pcb. Virtual 100% efficiency even in situations where our physics would suggest it's impossible.
They do 100+g accelerations, no g felt inside. No seatbelts or even cup holders.
They distort space time so sometimes they look warped or wavy, or smaller than they really are. The physics is surprisingly easy to invoke, something we could do with current technology although nowhere near the sophistication of their tech.
All the scifi you have seen, including semi serious attempts by Spielberg is bullshit. Taken was terrible. Grains of truth but ridiculous.

USA's rogue government has several ET ships in their possession, several of which are fully functioning. There appears to be a standing cooperation with several ET species. They were given some grey ships in exchange for allowing the abduction programs to continue (yes USA is despicable as always), there is some cooperation with the reptilians in some really horror show experiments with humans in deep underground bases. One source suggests there is also more peaceful cooperation with a pale big eyed almost human looking species who live several hundred years and are curiously impatient, litigious and have stark psyches but approximately friendly. They are given a base area in the Nellis range near the famous area51 in nevada and raw materials in exhange for minor tech exchange. Some ETs get boron from earth. Apparently boron is a commonly used material in the construction of ET vehicles. Boron, silicon, calcium, magnesium and aluminium are element names that come up in various residue cases. Alloys of those appear to be common hull material for reasons unknown. Sophistication aside, the technology I discover is surprisingly approachable. Not only rather common materials but the physics they invoke seems to be done with electromagnetic systems. High voltage and standing EM waves on the hull. Some particle and nuclear physics seems to be involved for power generation in some cases, as well as perhaps for other reasons. But all of it surprisingly relatable even though it invokes aspects of physics we are not familiar with at all. Some of it possibly funky in the extreme.

Ben Rich who lead Lockheed skunkworks gave a lecture near the end of his career at the end of which he calmly stated that they now have the tech to take ET home. Most didn't really know what he meant but a few asked about it after and it was clear what he meant. He is also quoted as stating that they have technology in the desert that would make George Lucas envious. Anything you have seen in scifi we have done he said. I believe he was telling the truth. It's a pretty good bet that basic reproduction of the propulsion technologies has been achieved in deep black projects as far back as the 70s.
Not only field propulsion but possibly superluminal capability.
There are some rumors however that these clandestine technologies are being blocked from leaving earth by ETs.
Edward Teller at Los Alamos seems to have been the leading scientist for these projects.
There have been attempts made to get nuclear weapons into space but ETs intercept them and destroy them. There are also multiple cases of ET ships destroying nuclear missiles in their silos.

One amusing anecdote is that some of the small scout ships appear to use battery power instead of nuclear and can be recharged. Some of these ET ships take the liberty of recharging on our power grid or near a power plant. It seems this has caused multiple major power outages in several countries because their drain is not always done gently. Most likely not out of malice, just overestimating the robustness of our systems. In many of the outages I find the official explanation of the cause, lacking. In 2 cases there are even witnesses to the vehicles near the power grid just as power fails. One was a significant power outage in my country Denmark about 10 years back.

The number of cultures visiting earth is likely in the thousands, some only rarely come by. We only encounter the most clumsy and immature. The others can't be bothered or are so sophisticated that we never know.
Hundreds of ships visit earth every single day, possibly in the thousands.

There is some indication that there are bases on the backside of the moon as well as possibly numerous ET bases underground and under water.
This is where their very neat ability to phase matter comes in handy. There are no portals to these bases. They simply fly through the ground. Ships has been seen flying into a rock face, others seen enter a shallow lake and divers dispatched to search the lake found nothing.
US arctic bases during the early cold war encountered numerous ET scout ships (flying saucer size) coming out of the arctic ocean or sitting on ice sheets.
In one case a saucer nested itself in between the tail and the wing of a bomber and stayed with it for 45 minutes. This was filmed.

Gordon Cooper had a film crew film a saucer land at 50 yards in broad daylight with 35mm cinema camera and 6x4" hires stills in the 1950s. The material was immediately flown to the pentagon by courier.

etc etc

And there are still many things that I'm not telling you. Stuff you wouldn't accept even hypothetically.

Oh yeah btw, I'll just hit you with one final thing to snap your minds :) Bigfoot who is encountered in mountainous wooded areas around the world by the thousands is not a shy ape. It's ET species. Tall hairy humanoid, typically brown fur. Awful scream and fairly foul odor. Essentially... a wookie :) I'm not messing with you. The evidence is there for that conclusion. Some of these bigfoots have been seen with other ET races as occupants of UFOs and there are cases of bigfoots being shot at close range and disappearing in a flash of light. A shy ape doesn't do that. It's also consistent with the lack of nests and bones found as well as no feces. Why they are here is unclear but I'm guessing simple recreation. They like the mountains and the trees and aren't particularly bothered that we think this is our planet. Despite being technological they appear to have a rather primal psyche. Or maybe it's just their equivalent of tea party members coming here.

Hundreds of millions of witnesses all over the world. In some cases thousands of people see the same vehicle together, like the massive V ship over phoenix arizona in 1997 (not the flares you have seen in videos).
Mass sighting over st louis in 2000 and in Hudson bay in the 80s.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:32 am
Dan much as I would wish that the world was as interesting as you seem to think it is my personal Occam's razor along with use of logic makes me think that if it was true there would be a lot more obviously spotted effects by even those with only average IQs. One of my favourite authors Terry Pratchett along with a couple of his writing buddies both well respected professors came up with an alternate name for Homo sapiens it was Pan narrans the story telling ape and i think a lot of the stuff that you have read on ET's down here is just that stories that have been made up possibly quite a few believed by the tellers due to the limitations of our feeble human senses(just look at books full of optical illusions there are auditory ones as well) not counting hallucinations brought on by over use of funny chemicals etc etc. If you were not there only logic and reason can help decide whether the data is consistent and your list fun tho it was to read is not, our planet would be considerably more messed up than it is if all that was going on.

I also disagree with you on the AI thing I think if we build sufficiently advanced AI's they will be able to feel pain, biologically its just a high priority signal telling you that something is wrong deal with it if you can. Me being a nice guy would give the AI an easy off switch that it could decide to use if the pain signal was distracting and could not be easily dealt with in the short term.

On the faith belief thing it has been proven that faith has a high genetic component(Twin studies have shown it to be so ironically in one case one twin became a fanatical Christian and one a fanatical Muslim so peer pressure and upbringing still have an effect and that you are not programmed for one particular deity) so not having that genetic module using logic the only tool available to me I would say if I am wrong in my natural atheism of not believing in any major league deity I must be here created by your deity to test your faith and others like you :wink: :twisted: . On this you seem to pass as only a very strong faith could overcome logic and reason on the data provided :wink: :twisted: .In some circles I am classed as a bit of a conspiracy theorist but you far outclass me as even tho I wield logic as a tool against others in arguments on my own ideas side, I can be persuaded to change my mind if new data and a logic chain can be shown to me.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:36 am
There was a tv show on in England a few weeks ago where they met people who claimed to be abducted, listed to stories etc, etc. In the end they put them on lie detectors and guess what...they failed!

I think there is a condition in the brain that makes this stuff believable though, it is the same with religion. I cant think what it is off hand but it is always on the Dawkins page, it is like a kind of epileptic attack which makes people go into deep dreams and see lights and so on. Will try find out what it is called.

These attacks often get labelled by what people know in their society so hundreds of years ago there were many cases of angels or devils and the stories leaned that way, aliens were the big thing in the 20th century so people leaned their experiences that way.

Funny how there were so many photos of crafts when there were no cameras or poor quality ones, now 99% of people have hd cameras and suddenly everything stops haha. Either they werent there or the government has got better at hiding project mogals.

When you cant categorically state that what you see is "X" then you can't just pronounce it is what you think. If something is unidentified then it is unidentified, the line has been drawn there, stop guessing and just wait for the science to show you or the Gov to let you know it was a balloon with a monkey on haha.

End of the day, you can not categorically say there is.. you cant.. or you are a poor scientist.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:44 am
Alex, occam's razor and logic are not labels you can invoke to justify stupidity. It's not a badge that you can whip out and claim victory.
You have to actually have good thinking, not just labels in defense of piss poor thinking.
When hundreds of millions of people around the world speak to a detailed consistent narrative that holds up against science unlike idiotic scifi, then occam's razor slits your throat.

Here's FAA division chief John Callahan telling you that it's real
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akuopXFjWws
And your premise that humans can categorically not be trusted because we are story telling apes is spectacularly thoughtless.
I think you should be a lawyer and try the story telling ape defense to dismiss all testimony categorically. I hear Aaron Hernandez could use some help right about now.
John incidentally has video of his story telling radar systems and audio recordings from the story telling plane.

Rob, small minds are always itching to ban me so I can't tell you what I think about your quality of thinking.
The Travis Walton case had 7 guys together who all saw the craft up close. They all passed police polygraph tests twice. The 6 of the guys stood accused of murder in the 5 days Travis Walton was missing because the little boys in the saucer borrowed him.

Of course it's real. You just can't handle it.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next