Community > Forum > Bigelow's America's Space Prize > jp

jp

Posted by: Rob Goldsmith - Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:03 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post jp   Posted on: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:03 pm
great update about jpa on the news page there sigurd. Im read it through twice! and im still a bit unsure what they are doing, a massive baloon to space right, i got that! so what will the space ship look like? couldnt see any details of that? saw the photos of that high lift, phwooooooar what a great pic when the baloon popped! any of you guys not seen it yet then go have a look at the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow. . A polyethylene zero-pressure balloon carried the vehicle to over 100,000 feet. isnt that space ir have i read the numbers wrong again! damm hangovers, 0 concentration! anyways bit baffles about them using such small lifts at the moment, and wonder where it is going, and with how many people assuming 5 from the bigelow prize!
Rob

Profile WWW
Subterranean
Post Re: jp   Posted on: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:23 am
Did you get the PDF describing Airship To Orbit from the front page at www.jpaerospace.com ? It looks like a popular form of recent UFO sighting, big V shape.

And I think space is considered to be 100 km, or about 62 miles (328,000 feet), according to the X Prize (or 50 miles, if you're Air Force)