Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?

Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?

Posted by: redcat33 - Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 am
 [ 24 posts ] 
Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians? 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:15 am
:) I did not see the image because the site wanted me to run javascript before I even got to it but I saw the source code and got the halal joke.

And another rat link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26963256

The coming rat apocalypse has now reached New York subway mind you it did seem a bit of an over reaction to me to that dinky little rodent. I have been on an underground train in London when a big pigeon has walked on at one stop and nobody complained despite the fact it obviously was not carrying its oyster card. :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:05 pm
You'd think New Yorkers would be used to seeing rats...

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:45 pm
Mars One isn't going to get off the ground. They have no real plan. Inspiration Mars is way far ahead of them, with credible technical work under its belt and at least some basic level of funding - basic meaning tens of millions, not tens of thousands. And I don't think even they're going to make it to launch.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 pm
There are so many unknowns with this mission and so many possible ways the whole endeavour could fall apart. It will be an interesting mission to follow, but I suspect it will be another in the growing list of old and abandoned Mars plans that have been forgotten by everyone save a handful of historians. And i also think that people won't eat any rats in space :?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 pm
redcat33 wrote:
There are so many unknowns with this mission and so many possible ways the whole endeavour could fall apart. It will be an interesting mission to follow, but I suspect it will be another in the growing list of old and abandoned Mars plans that have been forgotten by everyone save a handful of historians. And i also think that people won't eat any rats in space :?

Well if your sure I am willing to bet £100 that Rat or some kind of GMed rodent will be eaten outside the earth's atmosphere within the next 50 years. Tho if you take me up on the bet and expect to win hope that longevity treatments also get cheap enough for me to get within grasping range of a telegram from the Queen :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Sat May 24, 2014 2:46 pm
Let time I checked, Buzzfeed headlines and twitter topics are not a source of nutriton.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Sat May 24, 2014 5:56 pm
Optimistic Brian wrote:
Let time I checked, Buzzfeed headlines and twitter topics are not a source of nutriton.

Not even as a way to feed the mind or just food for thought :?: :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Sun May 25, 2014 11:50 pm
Junk food for the soul...

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Will Mars One inhabitants be vegetarians?   Posted on: Mon May 26, 2014 9:39 am
Small steps ... i take it after this there are no takers for my bet :?: :wink: :twisted:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/nasa- ... ion-530501

edited to add another link about it with a vid link

http://www.gizmag.com/rodent-residence/ ... 3-90002578

Profile WWW