Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > How to finance future X-Prize

How to finance future X-Prize

Posted by: skyhigh - Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:50 am
 [ 2 posts ] 
How to finance future X-Prize 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post How to finance future X-Prize   Posted on: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:50 am
I think this could seriously work. Turn it into a reality show. I know, I know. Reality shows are a sign of the end times. Still, make it like American Chopper. I watched a documentary on called "Black Sky: The Race for Space" on the building of Space Ship One. Imagine if we had a behind the scenes look at all the competitors for 20 weeks. As each tested, and designed their ship. That would be great to watch.

A second idea is to merchandise toys of each of the ships. I'd love to buy a SpaceShipOne or Canadian Arrow etc.... for like $25. The proceeds could go to the respective teams to help them finance their projects.

Post    Posted on: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:53 am
Quite another source of finances could be writing books on the XPRIZE. Writing this I remeber of a book reporting of CNN's adventure of their war reports from Baghdad 1991 and another book telling the story of the rescue of the crew of EDS in Teheran 1979.

A similar source of money would be artcles and interviews of members of the foundation in newspapers, special management and organization journals as well as talking at podiums of serious management or organization events.

And the Foundation or it's members could supply consulting if time is left for that - the WTN XPRIZE could serve as a step in that direction if desired.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb9 Augustin (Political Economist)